This website relates to a proposed Strategic Housing Development by Trailford Ltd on lands at Rathmullan Road, Drogheda, Co. Meath.
The proposed development involves the following:
- demolition of existing farm buildings/structures (1160sqm) on site
- construction of 661 no. residential dwellings and a neighbourhood centre adjacent to the site’s eastern boundary, consisting of a childcare facility (486sqm), café (63sqm) and retail unit (318sqm)
- construction of a 4-arm signalised junction and works to Rathmullan Road, including the widening of the existing carriageway to 6 metres and the provision of a 2 metre wide footpath linking the proposed development to the River Boyne Boardwalk
- construction of 2 no. priority junctions (one along the site’s eastern boundary to provide access to the neighbourhood centre and one along the site’s southern boundary to provide a second access to the development), realignment and upgrade works to the un-named local road along the site frontage to the south of the new signalised junction with Rathmullan Road
- Construction of a strategic foul water pumping station in the north-eastern corner of the site; and
- all associated site, landscaping and infrastructural works, including foul and surface water drainage, attenuation areas, open space areas, boundary walls and fences, internal roads and cycle paths and footpaths.
The 661 no. residential dwellings consist of the following:
- 509 no. double storey semi-detached and terraced houses comprising 158 no. 2-bed houses, 269 no. 3-bed houses and 82 no. 4-bed houses; and
- 152 no. apartments (in Blocks B1, B2, B3, C, D, E & G which vary from 3 to 5 storeys in height) comprising 13 no. 1-bed apartments and 139 no. 2-bed apartments.
A total of 1,366 no. car parking spaces are proposed, including 1018 no. spaces (2 no. on curtilage spaces per dwelling) serving the proposed dwellings, 195 no. spaces serving the proposed apartments; 111 no. spaces serving visitors to the development; and 42 no. spaces serving the proposed neighbourhood centre.
A total of 188 no. bicycle parking spaces are proposed, including 154 no. spaces serving the proposed apartments and 34 no. spaces serving the proposed neighbourhood centre.
The development also features 9.15 hectares of public open space, including landscaped play spaces and pocket parks throughout the development and 6.13 hectares of landscaped open space provided adjacent to the Boyne River and M1 motorway frontages.